Alcohol Addiction in Alaska
Free by the Sea, located in Ocean Park, WA, is a nationally recognized rehabilitation facility specializing in comprehensive treatment for those battling an addiction to alcohol and drugs. If you or your loved one are unsure where to turn for help, look no further. We offer addiction services to residents across Alaska.
Proudly serving residents in Alaska, including Anchorage and Juneau.
What Is Alcohol Addiction?
Alcohol addiction results in a person’s body and mind telling them alcohol is necessary to function in general. Those experiencing addiction probably use alcohol regardless of how it affects their work, school, relationships, family life, or even activities they used to enjoy before their addiction started. Those abusing alcohol on a regular basis are more likely to develop an addiction.
What Are the Signs of Alcohol Addiction?
If you are worried that you or a loved one might have an addiction, there are a few signs that point to a problem. Common signs include:
- Obsessive behavior regarding drinking and alcohol
- Isolating oneself from friends and family
- No longer participating in hobbies or activities that were once enjoyable
- Neglecting responsibilities and drinking instead
- Continuing to drink to prevent withdrawal symptoms
What Are the Effects of Alcohol Addiction Withdrawal?
Alcohol addiction can have a multitude of symptoms, both mentally and physically. These symptoms can also be experienced during withdrawal. Serious addictions can lead to:
- Severe seizures
- Reduced ability to reason
- Digestion issues, such as acid reflux, indigestion, and abdominal cramps
- Vomiting and nausea
- Weight loss and reduced appetite
- Night sweats
- Passing out or blackouts
- Tremors or shakes felt in the extremities or head
- Trouble focusing
- Increased anxiety and depression
- Constant mood swings
- Anhedonia, inability to feel pleasure
- Cravings for alcohol
Free by the Sea is a beautiful campus, located on the Long Beach Peninsula in Ocean Park, WA. Our community of dedicated professionals are committed to provide care to all individuals with dignity and respect. Client centered care respectful of individual needs and concerns is the foundation of our approach. We adhere to evidence-based practices which are focused on successful outcomes for long term recovery. Services provided include:
- 77 treatment beds.
- Masters level addiction counselors.
- High quality evidence-based addiction treatment, including gambling.
- DBT, CBT, EMDR and trauma informed treatment addresses underlying issues of addiction that include depression, anxiety, self-esteem and relationships.
- Relapse Prevention, Life Skills, Addiction education provided in groups and individual sessions
- Twelve step meetings include celebrate recovery, wellbriety, dual disorder and AA/NA/GA
- We offer residential, partial hospitalization, and intensive outpatient levels of care.
- Peaceful and safe setting located on five acres facing the Pacific Ocean.
- Multi-sport areas that include volleyball/basketball courts and an exercise room.
- Nutritionally designed meals to restore health
Why Wait? Call Us Today.
The cycle of addiction can be stopped with the help of medical professionals. Free by the Sea knows the struggles that you and your loved ones are facing with alcohol addiction. Contact us and get the help you need.
Contact Free by the Sea
Free by the Sea is committed to the recovery process for individuals throughout Alaska, including the areas of Anchorage and Juneau. With the support you need, you can conquer your fight with alcohol and addiction. Contact us today and take back your life.