Types Of Drug Addiction in Alaska
Drug addiction should not be taken lightly. If you or a loved one is a resident of Alaska and are struggling with drug addiction, get help now. Free by the Sea, located in Ocean Park, WA, offers comprehensive treatment programs for rehabilitation of addiction to drugs and alcohol.
Proudly serving residents in Alaska, including Anchorage and Juneau.
What Are the Most Common Types of Addiction?
Addiction can occur at any moment when an individual uses a substance. Many addicts believe they can control their addiction and stop whenever they want. They may even go as far as to try and quit. However, quitting on your own is extremely hard. The best chance for a successful recovery is with medical professionals. Common drug addictions include:
- Crystal Meth
- Prescription Medication (painkillers, stimulants, anti-anxiety pills)
What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Drug Addiction?
Each individual’s addiction is different and so are their symptoms. Some people use for years without feeling or showing the effects of their addiction. Others start exhibiting signs right away of addiction. Symptoms of drug addiction vary from one person to the next, but the most common side effects are:
Symptoms of addiction or withdrawal include:
- Heightened Paranoia
- Not present in the moment, disconnected from reality
- Extreme energy and then crashing hard
What Should Family and Friends Look For?
If you are concerned someone you love has a drug addiction problem, keep an eye out for these signs:
- Legal trouble related to drug use
- Financial issues and stealing money
- Manic moments of high energy and then crashing
- Mysterious and erratic behavior
- Poor performance at school or work
- Increased mood swings, including irritability and depression
- Sleeping or being awake at odd hours
Free by the Sea is a beautiful campus, located on the Long Beach Peninsula in Ocean Park, WA. Our community of dedicated professionals are committed to provide care to all individuals with dignity and respect. Client centered care respectful of individual needs and concerns is the foundation of our approach. We adhere to evidence-based practices which are focused on successful outcomes for long term recovery. Services provided include:
- 77 treatment beds.
- Masters level addiction counselors.
- High quality evidence-based addiction treatment, including gambling.
- DBT, CBT, EMDR and trauma informed treatment addresses underlying issues of addiction that include depression, anxiety, self-esteem and relationships.
- Relapse Prevention, Life Skills, Addiction education provided in groups and individual sessions
- Twelve step meetings include celebrate recovery, wellbriety, dual disorder and AA/NA/GA
- We offer residential, partial hospitalization, and intensive outpatient levels of care.
- Peaceful and safe setting located on five acres facing the Pacific Ocean.
- Multi-sport areas that include volleyball/basketball courts and an exercise room.
- Nutritionally designed meals to restore health
Why Wait? Call Us Today.
If you are concerned about a loved one who is showing signs of drug addiction, take the next step and contact Free by the Sea. We are here ready to answer your questions.
Contact Free by the Sea
Don’t put off your drug addiction any longer. Find the help you need today at Free by the Sea, serving communities throughout Alaska, including Anchorage and Juneau. Our staff is compassionate and supportive throughout the entire rehabilitation process. Contact us today.