Heroin Rehab in Alaska
Located in Ocean Park, WA, Free by the Sea is a comprehensive rehabilitation center dedicated to helping individuals residing in Alaska take control of their lives after heroin addiction. We provide recovery services to all heroin addicts regardless of gender or age.
Proudly serving residents in Alaska, including Juneau and Anchorage.
Heroin addiction is devastating and extremely hard to overcome, but with the help of Free by the Sea, sobriety can be achieved. Our staff members are supportive, compassionate, highly trained, and invested in your recovery. Heroin addiction treatment is only successful when the individual has support to get through the physical and psychological symptoms of withdrawal.
What Is Heroin?
Heroin is a substance derived from the milky, white sap of opium poppies. Heroin has high levels of impurities and may contain additional substances, like other narcotics or rat poison (strychnine). Other additives found in heroin are lactose, baby laxatives, quinine, talc, and powdered milk. Serious vascular damage can occur when using heroin with these impurities. Overdoses are a high risk due to how potent each dose is. Pure heroin comes in a white powder form, but heroin off the street can vary in color from white to black to brown, depending on what other substances have been added to the street drug. Heroin is extremely addicting, harmful, and easily abused.
What Is Heroin Abuse?
Heroin abuse occurs when individuals become destructive, harmful, or negative while using the drug. Abuse of heroin leads to problems with relationships, work, finances, social lives, school, and self-motivation. Abuse can quickly escalate to addiction, causing serious health issues and the reduces the ability to function normally.
What Are the Signs of Heroin Abuse?
Signs of heroin abuse include:
- Persistent dry mouth
- Shortness of breath
- Neglecting important dates and events
- Avoiding responsibilities
- Seclusion from family and friends
- Tense personal relationships
- Unexplained weight loss
- Oddly tolerant to cold temperatures
- Wearing layers during warm weather
- Deteriorating performance at school or work
- Legal issues relating to heroin abuse
- Hiding and lying about heroin use
- Disorientation and confusion
- Periods of hyperactivity followed by lethargic moments
- Increased health problems and overdose emergencies
- Dangerous and reckless behavior
- Unusually thin or “pinpoint” pupils
What Is Heroin Abuse Treatment?
Terminating heroin use has numerous withdrawal symptoms that are extremely hard to handle without professional help. Individuals tend to relapse just to escape the withdrawal symptoms. Oftentimes, heroin addicts won’t seek help because the drug impairs their ability to take care of themselves. Treatment includes medication to stop the effects of heroin. Free by the Sea offers residential programs for those struggling with heroin addiction. Services we offer include:
- Group counseling
- 12-step meetings
- Family counseling
- Relapse prevention programs
What Is the Heroin Recovery Process?
Withdrawal from heroin use is painful, both mentally and physically. The highest recovery rates are at treatment facilities that focus on pupil dilation, blood pressure changes, sleep problems, irritability, heart rate changes, cravings, and restlessness. After completing the detox process and treatment, individuals need to commit to recovery for life by attending aftercare and 12-step programs. Free by the Sea offers treatment programs that include addiction treatment and relapse prevention.
NOTE: Free by the Sea does not provide cocaine detox services, but we do offer a detox placement program. If you think you could benefit from a short-term detox treatment program, then call us today. We will help you find the program that is best for you, and even assist in coordinating your admission. Once the detox process is complete, we welcome you to continue your treatment and recovery process at our facility.
Free by the Sea is a beautiful campus, located on the Long Beach Peninsula in Ocean Park, WA. Our community of dedicated professionals are committed to provide care to all individuals with dignity and respect. Client centered care respectful of individual needs and concerns is the foundation of our approach. We adhere to evidence-based practices which are focused on successful outcomes for long term recovery. Services provided include:
- 77 treatment beds.
- Masters level addiction counselors.
- High quality evidence-based addiction treatment, including gambling.
- DBT, CBT, EMDR and trauma informed treatment addresses underlying issues of addiction that include depression, anxiety, self-esteem and relationships.
- Relapse Prevention, Life Skills, Addiction education provided in groups and individual sessions
- Twelve step meetings include celebrate recovery, wellbriety, dual disorder and AA/NA/GA
- We offer residential, partial hospitalization, and intensive outpatient levels of care.
- Peaceful and safe setting located on five acres facing the Pacific Ocean.
- Multi-sport areas that include volleyball/basketball courts and an exercise room.
- Nutritionally designed meals to restore health
Why Wait? Call Us Today.
Don’t let your heroin addiction ruin your life and the lives of those around you. Our professional and compassionate staff at Free by the Sea are standing by to help you on the road to recovery. Contact us today.
Contact Free by the Sea
Providing treatment services to residents around Alaska, including Juneau and Anchorage, Free by the Sea is committed to each client’s goals and needs. We offer personalized treatment plans to help you succeed and prevent relapse. Contact us and take the next step towards living a healthier and happier life.