Signs Of Gambling Addiction in Alaska
A gambling addiction negatively affects not just the gambler, but the gambler’s family as well. Like with other addictions, the compulsion to gamble can take full control of the gambler’s life, causing emotional and financial results. Free by the Sea, located in Ocean Park, WA, offers treatment for those struggling with gambling addiction throughout Alaska.
Proudly serving residents in Alaska, including Anchorage and Juneau.
What Is a Gambling Addiction?
Gambling addiction involves repeated problematic gambling behaviors that can cause significant distress similarly to alcohol and chemical addictions. Gambling addiction gets worse over time and addicts often suffer cravings and withdrawal symptoms. As the gambling progresses, gamblers have difficulty in stopping and often break promises that they will never gamble again despite knowing there will be negative consequences if they continue to gamble. Also, gambling addicts can have other addictions, such as drugs or alcohol, as well as other mental health issues. Gambling addiction is also known as Gambling Disorder or Compulsive Gambling.
What Are the Signs of Gambling Addiction?
- Gambling to reduce depression, forget worries, or calm nerves
- Obsessive behavior relating to gambling
- Loss of interest for things that used to excite the person
- Lying or hiding gambling habits
- Getting into arguments about gambling
- Financial problems associated with gambling
- Sacrificing basic needs in order to gamble
- Gambling alone or more often
- Increased desire to gamble.
- Stashing money away
- Borrowing money from family, friends, or stealing in order to have money for gambling
Free by the Sea is a beautiful campus, located on the Long Beach Peninsula in Ocean Park, WA. Our community of dedicated professionals are committed to provide care to all individuals with dignity and respect. Client centered care respectful of individual needs and concerns is the foundation of our approach. We adhere to evidence-based practices which are focused on successful outcomes for long term recovery. Services provided include:
- 77 treatment beds.
- Masters level addiction counselors.
- High quality evidence-based addiction treatment, including gambling.
- DBT, CBT, EMDR and trauma informed treatment addresses underlying issues of addiction that include depression, anxiety, self-esteem and relationships.
- Relapse Prevention, Life Skills, Addiction education provided in groups and individual sessions
- Twelve step meetings include celebrate recovery, wellbriety, dual disorder and AA/NA/GA
- We offer residential, partial hospitalization, and intensive outpatient levels of care.
- Peaceful and safe setting located on five acres facing the Pacific Ocean.
- Multi-sport areas that include volleyball/basketball courts and an exercise room.
- Nutritionally designed meals to restore health
Why Wait? Call Us Today.
Find answers for your gambling addiction and contact us today. We have experienced staff that can help you decide a course of action. Free by the Sea offers services for those struggling with substance and gambling addiction.
Contact Free by the Sea
Recognizing the signs of addiction in yourself or a loved one can be difficult. If you are seeking help and possible solutions to addiction in Alaska, including the areas of Anchorage and Juneau, contact us today. Free by the Sea offers several different services and resources for those recovering from any type of addiction.