Mood Disorder Treatment in Alaska
Those suffering from alcohol and drug addiction might have underlying mental health issues, such as mood disorders. Located in Ocean Park, WA, Free by the Sea specializes in dual diagnosis/co-occurring treatment, which treats the addiction of the individual while simultaneously treating the mental health problem. It is common for the mental health issues to be a primary cause for what started the addiction.
Proudly serving residents in Alaska, including Anchorage and Juneau.
Oftentimes, psychological disorders are connected to substance addiction. This overlapping of the two conditions is referred to as dual diagnosis or co-occurring disorders. Correct diagnosis and treatment of the psychological disorder can improve the recovery chances of the individual. The three most common emotional disorders are as follows:
What Are Mood Disorders?
Mood disorders are one of the top three psychological illnesses affecting those with substance abuse issues. Often times, those with depression, bipolar disorder, or other mood disorders will self-medicate to deal with their side effects of the disorder.
What Are Anxiety Disorders?
Anxiety disorders are a heightened sense of paranoia, anxiety, or anything else brings on a panicked feeling. The most common anxiety disorders are:
- Panic Disorders: Sudden feeling of terror even when nothing is wrong
- Phobia: Irrational fears often associated with objects or situations
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD): Ritualistic behavior
What Is Trauma?
Individuals who have experienced a traumatic event often deal with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Drugs or alcohol are used in order to cope with the constant stress that is brought on when something reminds the individual of the traumatic episode.
Free by the Sea is a beautiful campus, located on the Long Beach Peninsula in Ocean Park, WA. Our community of dedicated professionals are committed to provide care to all individuals with dignity and respect. Client centered care respectful of individual needs and concerns is the foundation of our approach. We adhere to evidence-based practices which are focused on successful outcomes for long term recovery. Services provided include:
- 77 treatment beds.
- Masters level addiction counselors.
- High quality evidence-based addiction treatment, including gambling.
- DBT, CBT, EMDR and trauma informed treatment addresses underlying issues of addiction that include depression, anxiety, self-esteem and relationships.
- Relapse Prevention, Life Skills, Addiction education provided in groups and individual sessions
- Twelve step meetings include celebrate recovery, wellbriety, dual disorder and AA/NA/GA
- We offer residential, partial hospitalization, and intensive outpatient levels of care.
- Peaceful and safe setting located on five acres facing the Pacific Ocean.
- Multi-sport areas that include volleyball/basketball courts and an exercise room.
- Nutritionally designed meals to restore health
Why Wait? Call Us Today.
Dual diagnosis/co-occurring treatment is extremely beneficial for those seeking treatment for an addiction to drugs or alcohol. You don’t have to suffer alone or continue to self-medicate. If you have questions regarding mood swings and addiction, contact us.
Contact Free by the Sea
Free by the Sea is a nationally recognized, comprehensive rehabilitation center in Ocean Park, WA focused on the recovery of individuals suffering from drug and alcohol addiction. We offer different therapy and counseling options, and provide customized treatment plans for those in Alaska dealing with mental health issues and addiction. Contact us today and speak with an addiction counselor.