Home » What to Pack
What to Pack
The following list includes items you should bring with you for your stay at Free by the Sea:
- Enough comfortable clothing to last a week. Our treatment center is on the southwest Washington coast and is typically cooler than inland communities no matter the season. Bring casual clothing (jeans, sweatshirts) that can be layered according to the season and temperature. Pack for both indoor and outdoor activities. Laundry facilities are available on site.
- Clothing that is appropriate and in good taste (no racial slurs or references to sex, drugs, or alcohol)
- Gym clothes and athletic shoes
- Rain gear and a light jacket
- Sweaters and sweatshirts
- A bathrobe (optional), slippers, and pajamas
- Personal care items, including a toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, deodorant, shaving supplies, shampoo, conditioner, makeup, etc. (nothing containing alcohol in the first five ingredients)
- Your health insurance card and state ID card
- Current prescriptions in their original containers
- If you are bringing over the counter medications, they need to be in new, unopened packages
- Cigarettes if you smoke
- Vaping is allowed, but make sure the vape juice is sealed
- Paper, envelopes, (we provide standard postage for letters.)
- Anything that will make you feel as though this is your home away from home (photos, books and magazines, a favorite blanket or pillow)
Please limit your luggage to two large suitcases.
Please leave the following items at home:
- Laptop computers, cell phones, and cameras of any kind
- Jewelry and other valuables
- Guns, knives, or other weapons
- Illegal substances
- Hair dye, nail polish and nail polish remover.
- Any item containing alcohol, including mouthwash, perfume, cologne, aftershave, etc.
- Food, candy, and drinks
- Large amounts of cash