Signs of Alcoholism in Alaska
Those suffering from alcoholism have options when it comes to treatment and recovery. Free by the Sea, located in Ocean Park, WA, and serving the communities of Alaska is a nationally recognized comprehensive rehabilitation center committed to the fight against alcoholism by treating the disease with personalized care.
Proudly serving residents in Alaska, including Anchorage and Juneau.
What Are the Signs of Alcohol Abuse?
Not everyone who has alcoholism displays the same signs. Some are able trto hide their problem for a while, and others show signs immediately. One of the biggest signs a person has a problem with alcohol is when their drinking becomes a main aspect of their life. This usually leads to neglecting everything else, including personal responsibilities.
The most common signs of alcohol abuse include:
- Episodes of insomnia followed by deep sleep
- Unjustified or erratic emotions, such as agitation or anger
- Failing to remember responsibilities to family, friends, or co-workers
- Lack of control when drinking
What Are the Signs of Alcohol Dependence?
Alcohol abuse will turn into an addiction when the abuse isn’t treated soon. Alcohol dependency refers to the individual’s inability to break free from their addiction, even when they recognize the negative repercussions of their drinking. After taking just one drink, the individual has no control over how much they consume, their behavior, or stopping. Thoughts about drinking or when they will get to drink again are serious signs of alcohol dependence.
What Are the Withdrawal Symptoms of Alcoholism?
Many people think they can quit drinking on their own and at any time. Due to the withdrawal symptoms, an individual should always seek help for ending their addiction. Side effects can be dangerous and result in medical problems. Some common withdrawal symptoms are:
- Vomiting or nausea
- Tremors and convulsions
- Increased anxiety and agitation
- Excessive sweating when it’s cold outside
Free by the Sea is a beautiful campus, located on the Long Beach Peninsula in Ocean Park, WA. Our community of dedicated professionals are committed to provide care to all individuals with dignity and respect. Client centered care respectful of individual needs and concerns is the foundation of our approach. We adhere to evidence-based practices which are focused on successful outcomes for long term recovery. Services provided include:
- 77 treatment beds.
- Masters level addiction counselors.
- High quality evidence-based addiction treatment, including gambling.
- DBT, CBT, EMDR and trauma informed treatment addresses underlying issues of addiction that include depression, anxiety, self-esteem and relationships.
- Relapse Prevention, Life Skills, Addiction education provided in groups and individual sessions
- Twelve step meetings include celebrate recovery, wellbriety, dual disorder and AA/NA/GA
- We offer residential, partial hospitalization, and intensive outpatient levels of care.
- Peaceful and safe setting located on five acres facing the Pacific Ocean.
- Multi-sport areas that include volleyball/basketball courts and an exercise room.
- Nutritionally designed meals to restore health
Why Wait? Call Us Today.
Make the choice to seek help for your alcoholism before it worsens. Alcohol abuse, dependency, and addiction affect you and those around you on a daily basis. Contact us for more information about the programs offered at Free by the Sea.
Contact Free by the Sea
Successful treatment and recovery of alcoholism requires support and professional help. Free by the Sea offers a variety of services and resources for those suffering from alcoholism throughout Alaska, including the areas of Anchorage and Juneau. We want to help and see you succeed in your fight against alcoholism. Contact us today.