Residential Treatment for Addiction in Alaska
Free by the Sea, located in Ocean Park, WA, is a nationally recognized comprehensive treatment facility offering residential treatment for those suffering from drug and alcohol addiction. We provide a safe and structured environment so individuals across Alaska can focus on recovery and healing.
Proudly serving residents in Alaska, including Anchorage and Juneau.
What Happens When You Arrive?
When an individual first enters the facility, they meet with a specialist from admissions/intake. Our goal is that the individual feels safe in their new environment before undergoing assessment. Once the individual is ready, an in-depth assessment is given by a chemical dependency counselor. Assessment is necessary to develop a customized treatment program for the individual’s specific needs. The assessment covers the individual’s addictions and their patterns of use, family or problems that impact the individual, and their history and background.
What Happens While Living on Campus?
During an individual’s stay at Free by the Sea, they will attend individual counseling, group therapy, 12-step meetings, educational sessions, and presentations. Recreational activities are available, such as art therapy and meditation. During individual counseling and group therapy, certain topics are discussed, including:
- Addiction education with special focus on the disease, recovery, and relapse prevention
- Life skills are discussed to correct thinking errors and understand why the individual uses
- Anger management for dealing with regulating emotions and developing coping mechanisms for the moment and for the future
Free by the Sea is a beautiful campus, located on the Long Beach Peninsula in Ocean Park, WA. Our community of dedicated professionals are committed to provide care to all individuals with dignity and respect. Client centered care respectful of individual needs and concerns is the foundation of our approach. We adhere to evidence-based practices which are focused on successful outcomes for long term recovery. Services provided include:
- 77 treatment beds.
- Masters level addiction counselors.
- High quality evidence-based addiction treatment, including gambling.
- DBT, CBT, EMDR and trauma informed treatment addresses underlying issues of addiction that include depression, anxiety, self-esteem and relationships.
- Relapse Prevention, Life Skills, Addiction education provided in groups and individual sessions
- Twelve step meetings include celebrate recovery, wellbriety, dual disorder and AA/NA/GA
- We offer residential, partial hospitalization, and intensive outpatient levels of care.
- Peaceful and safe setting located on five acres facing the Pacific Ocean.
- Multi-sport areas that include volleyball/basketball courts and an exercise room.
- Nutritionally designed meals to restore health
Why Wait? Call Us Today.
Residential treatment is a great option for those who need more care and a structured environment during the recovery process. Contact us to speak to someone about living on campus for treatment.
Contact Free by the Sea
Free by the Sea provides a safe atmosphere and structured treatment program for those struggling with addiction. Recovery is hard, but with the right tools and support, success can be achieved. Contact us today and find out if residential treatment is right for you or a loved one. We serve men and women throughout Alaska, including the areas of Anchorage and Juneau.