Drug Addiction in Alaska
Drug addiction is a serious problem that destroys a person’s life and those around them. Free by the Sea, located in Ocean Park, WA, offers comprehensive treatment plans to men and women throughout Alaska to assist with addiction. If you or a loved one are suffering from drug addiction, the best way to fight the addiction is with professional medical help.
Proudly serving residents in Alaska, including Anchorage and Juneau.
What Is Drug Addiction?
Drug addiction causes an individual to experience overpowering cravings for illegal substances or prescription medication. Despite negative consequences, the individual isn’t able to stop using the drug of choice. Drug addiction is a disease that interferes with the brain’s chemistry. Typically, drug addiction starts with the recreational use of drugs and then starts to snowball, turning into a full-blown addiction.
- Signs of Drug Abuse
- Signs of Gambling Addition
- Signs of Drug Addiction
- Drug Abuse vs. Drug Addiction
- Signs of Substance Use Disorder
- Types of Drug Abuse
- Types of Drug Addiction
- Chemical Dependency
How Is Drug Addiction Treated?
Step one of treating drug addiction is detox. The detoxification process removes the substance from the individual’s body. This process can be scary for some, but with professional help, success is possible. Once detox is complete, an assessment of the individual is performed by a counselor. The assessment determines how bad the addiction is and if there are mental health issues compounding the addiction.
The information gathered from the assessment is used to develop a treatment plan that best fits the needs of the individual and addresses any mental health issues. Free by the Sea specializes in dual diagnosis/co-occurring treatment for those with addiction issues and mental health problems. Licensed medical staff can prescribe medication during the rehabilitation process that is non-addictive to aid in the recovery process.
Free by the Sea is a beautiful campus, located on the Long Beach Peninsula in Ocean Park, WA. Our community of dedicated professionals are committed to provide care to all individuals with dignity and respect. Client centered care respectful of individual needs and concerns is the foundation of our approach. We adhere to evidence-based practices which are focused on successful outcomes for long term recovery. Services provided include:
- 77 treatment beds.
- Masters level addiction counselors.
- High quality evidence-based addiction treatment, including gambling.
- DBT, CBT, EMDR and trauma informed treatment addresses underlying issues of addiction that include depression, anxiety, self-esteem and relationships.
- Relapse Prevention, Life Skills, Addiction education provided in groups and individual sessions
- Twelve step meetings include celebrate recovery, wellbriety, dual disorder and AA/NA/GA
- We offer residential, partial hospitalization, and intensive outpatient levels of care.
- Peaceful and safe setting located on five acres facing the Pacific Ocean.
- Multi-sport areas that include volleyball/basketball courts and an exercise room.
- Nutritionally designed meals to restore health
Why Wait? Call Us Today.
Addiction controls an individuals’ life, preventing them from succeeding professionally and socially. Free by the Sea offers rehabilitation for those ready to change their life. Contact us to discuss your options with an addiction counselor.
Contact Free by the Sea
Free by the Sea is a unique rehabilitation facility, as our treatment plans are customized to the needs of each individual for both their addiction and underlying causes. Our team offers compassionate support and guidance during the recovery process for men and women throughout Alaska, including the areas of Anchorage and Juneau. Contact us to schedule an appointment.