Bipolar Disorder Treatment in Alaska
Bipolar disorder is strongly tied to substance abuse and requires professional treatment for recovery. Free by the Sea offers comprehensive treatment services in Ocean Park, WA for those dealing with bipolar disorder. We offer therapy to provide individuals living in Alaska with bipolar disorder the best chance for recovery.
Proudly serving residents in Alaska, including Anchorage and Juneau.
What Is Bipolar Disorder?
Bipolar disorder is often explained as extreme emotional highs and lows, including severe depression and moments of mania. The depression can vary in length, lasting months or only weeks. Manic moments for someone with bipolar disorder become erratic, exhibiting high energy levels and high-risk behaviors. Bipolar disorder is usually diagnosed into two different types: type I and type II. Individuals with undiagnosed bipolar disorder often self-medicate to try to control their extreme mood swings and erratic emotional state.
What Are the Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder?
Depression and mania are the two stages of bipolar disorder, and each has its own range of symptoms. Depression symptoms include:
- Trouble focusing
- Thoughts of suicide or harming oneself
- Hopeless feeling
- Fatigue that won’t go away
- Trouble sleeping or eating
- Loss of interest in previously enjoyable activities
Mania Is a euphoric feeling which occurs as an extreme high during the emotional mood swing cycle. Symptoms of mania are:
- Violent or aggressive behavior
- Extreme irritability
- Anger or rage that is unexpected, irrational, or unprovoked
- Unusually high activity and energy levels
- Feelings of euphoria or invincibility
- Loss of appetite
How Does Treatment of Bipolar Disorder Help Recovery?
Individuals with substance abuse or addiction issues commonly have an underlying mental health condition. Bipolar disorder has to have medical management to increase the impact of the recovery process of addiction.
Free by the Sea treats the symptoms of bipolar disorder simultaneously while treating the addiction. Our highly trained and experienced staff are respectful and compassionate towards those seeking help. We want to see every patient succeed with their treatment and recovery, which is why dual diagnosis/co-occurring treatment is so important. When bipolar disorder isn’t diagnosed and treated, the mental condition worsens and the recovery process often leads the patient to relapse to drugs or alcohol for relief.
Free by the Sea is a beautiful campus, located on the Long Beach Peninsula in Ocean Park, WA. Our community of dedicated professionals are committed to provide care to all individuals with dignity and respect. Client centered care respectful of individual needs and concerns is the foundation of our approach. We adhere to evidence-based practices which are focused on successful outcomes for long term recovery. Services provided include:
- 77 treatment beds.
- Masters level addiction counselors.
- High quality evidence-based addiction treatment, including gambling.
- DBT, CBT, EMDR and trauma informed treatment addresses underlying issues of addiction that include depression, anxiety, self-esteem and relationships.
- Relapse Prevention, Life Skills, Addiction education provided in groups and individual sessions
- Twelve step meetings include celebrate recovery, wellbriety, dual disorder and AA/NA/GA
- We offer residential, partial hospitalization, and intensive outpatient levels of care.
- Peaceful and safe setting located on five acres facing the Pacific Ocean.
- Multi-sport areas that include volleyball/basketball courts and an exercise room.
- Nutritionally designed meals to restore health
Why Wait? Call Us Today.
If you or a loved one are abusing drugs or alcohol to deal with bipolar disorder, now is the time to seek help. Self-medicating is not an option and will lead to harmful and dangerous consequences for you and your family. Call our counselors to discuss treatment options and the steps involved to fight your addiction. Contact us today.
Contact Free by the Sea
Free by the Sea works with you to achieve sobriety and regain a healthy life. Stop the cycle of addiction by seeking treatment and addressing the underlying causes of your drug and alcohol use. We are a nationally recognized rehabilitation facility specializing in dual diagnosis/co-occurring treatment, which allows you to heal physically, mentally, and emotionally. Find out more information by calling us today.