Gambling Addiction Rehab in Alaska
Most people view gambling as a recreational hobby as opposed to an addiction. However, a gambling addiction is common and occurs no matter what type of bet is placed. Free by the Sea knows the struggles gambling addicts face on a daily basis. We offer gambling treatment in Ocean Park, WA to residents across Alaska, including Juneau and Anchorage. Support is only a phone call away, so take the next step and contact Free by the Sea.
Proudly serving residents in Alaska, including Anchorage and Juneau.
What Is Gambling Addiction?
An individual’s gambling addiction goes unnoticed for a long time until the addiction starts to strain their everyday life. As an impulse-control disorder, gambling affects men and women on a daily basis. The negative consequences of their gambling actions have no impact on their behavior. Whether a person wins or loses, gambling causes disruption and alters the individual’s behavior.
What Are the Signs of Gambling Addiction?
Common signs of a gambling addiction include:
- Secret gambling
- No control over money
- Gambling when funds aren’t available
- Stashing money away
What Are the Causes and Effects of Gambling?
Common causes of a gambling problem include:
- Desire for excitement
- Need for socialization
- Escape from unpleasant thoughts and feelings
- Resolve money issues
- Seeking relaxation
The effects of gambling aren’t noticeable right away. Common effects include:
- Financial problems
- Alienation of loved ones
- Impulse to steal
- Loss of control
Free by the Sea is a beautiful campus, located on the Long Beach Peninsula in Ocean Park, WA. Our community of dedicated professionals are committed to provide care to all individuals with dignity and respect. Client centered care respectful of individual needs and concerns is the foundation of our approach. We adhere to evidence-based practices which are focused on successful outcomes for long term recovery. Services provided include:
- 77 treatment beds.
- Masters level addiction counselors.
- High quality evidence-based addiction treatment, including gambling.
- DBT, CBT, EMDR and trauma informed treatment addresses underlying issues of addiction that include depression, anxiety, self-esteem and relationships.
- Relapse Prevention, Life Skills, Addiction education provided in groups and individual sessions
- Twelve step meetings include celebrate recovery, wellbriety, dual disorder and AA/NA/GA
- We offer residential, partial hospitalization, and intensive outpatient levels of care.
- Peaceful and safe setting located on five acres facing the Pacific Ocean.
- Multi-sport areas that include volleyball/basketball courts and an exercise room.
- Nutritionally designed meals to restore health
Why Wait? Call Us Today.
Gambling addictions can cost an individual everything, and not just financially. If you or a loved one are experiencing problems with gambling, help is near. Contact us to discuss options for recovery with Free by the Sea’s help.
Contact Free by the Sea
Acknowledging and recognizing addiction can be hard. Free by the Sea offers several options to help you address your addiction. We have compassionate and supportive staff ready to assist you in conquering your gambling addiction. Contact us today and turn your life around.