Crisis Intervention in Alaska
Free by the Sea, located in Ocean Park, WA, offers crisis intervention services to individuals in Alaska dealing with substance addiction. By combining the efforts of loved ones with professionals, the addict is more likely to respond positively to the idea of treatment and rehabilitation.
Proudly serving residents in Alaska, including Anchorage and Juneau.
What Is Crisis Intervention?
The purpose of crisis intervention is to assist individuals with overcoming devastating emotional, behavioral, physical, and mental issues relating directly to an addiction. Crisis intervention is normally a short-term solution for dealing with stress and trauma. The average time for crisis intervention is three months or less.
By focusing on the overwhelming or traumatic event, an individual can find a quick solution to avoid severe mental and emotional issues later. Utilizing crisis intervention in the short-term can push an individual in the direction of a more long-term solution, such as rehabilitation treatment. During the crisis intervention, a dual diagnosis/co-occurring disorder can be determined and improve the individual’s treatment results.
How Does Crisis Intervention Help Substance Abuse?
Crisis intervention has shown to help those with a substance abuse problem because they are unaware of how their behavior is harming others or themselves. Intervention helps the individual recognize their dangerous behavior and the negative impact they have on others around them. Through guided professional help, individuals are shown how their abuse causes relationship, legal, financial, and medical problems. Successful crisis intervention ends with admittance into a rehabilitation program for further healing and recovery.
What Are the Different Crisis Intervention Procedures?
Crisis intervention works best when the process is tailored to meet the needs of the individual. Typical procedures commonly found during crisis intervention include:
- The Creation of a Solid Structure: Teaches how to craft and use a behavioral support community
- Breaking Negative Cycles: Recognizing harmful behaviors and replacing them with positive actions
- The Formation of Short-Term Dependencies: Bonding between the counselor, patient, and support community
- Recognizing the Problem: Discovering the underlying causes of the problem to end the harmful cycle
- Challenging Beliefs and Expectations that Cause Problems: Examining the thoughts and actions leading to the negative behavior and replacing them with healthier options
- Awareness and Observation: Shows the individual how their choices have impacted their current situation and allows them to escape further trauma in a healthy manner
- Unlocking Inner Potential: Strengthening and empowering the individual to push through the crisis
- Education: Learning techniques to deal with trauma
Free by the Sea is a beautiful campus, located on the Long Beach Peninsula in Ocean Park, WA. Our community of dedicated professionals are committed to provide care to all individuals with dignity and respect. Client centered care respectful of individual needs and concerns is the foundation of our approach. We adhere to evidence-based practices which are focused on successful outcomes for long term recovery. Services provided include:
- 77 treatment beds.
- Masters level addiction counselors.
- High quality evidence-based addiction treatment, including gambling.
- DBT, CBT, EMDR and trauma informed treatment addresses underlying issues of addiction that include depression, anxiety, self-esteem and relationships.
- Relapse Prevention, Life Skills, Addiction education provided in groups and individual sessions
- Twelve step meetings include celebrate recovery, wellbriety, dual disorder and AA/NA/GA
- We offer residential, partial hospitalization, and intensive outpatient levels of care.
- Peaceful and safe setting located on five acres facing the Pacific Ocean.
- Multi-sport areas that include volleyball/basketball courts and an exercise room.
- Nutritionally designed meals to restore health
Why Wait? Call Us Today.
If you or a loved one show signs of substance abuse, consider the positive impact that crisis intervention can have on the individual. Professional intervention is often the best way to open the door to recovery. Contact Free by the Sea to find out more information about crisis intervention.
Contact Free by the Sea
Addressing substance abuse early increases a person’s chances for successful recovery and returning to a healthy lifestyle. Contact us to speak with our experienced staff about your options.