EMDR – Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing in Alaska
Those suffering from PTSD and addiction can benefit from dual diagnosis/co-occurring treatment from a medical professional. Free by the Sea, located in Ocean Park, WA, offers dual diagnosis/co-occurring treatment and provides a new approach to dealing with the PTSD. Through the use of Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing therapy, otherwise referred to as EMDR, individuals in Alaska can address the emotions rather than the traumatic event.
Proudly serving residents in Alaska, including Anchorage and Juneau.
What Is EMDR?
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing therapy is a nontraditional method of psychotherapy designed to reduce the negative feelings of traumatic events. EMDR focuses less on the traumatic event and more on the emotions and symptoms that result from the event.
When Is EMDR Used?
EMDR was originally established to treat patients with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, and phobias. Currently, EMDR is also used to treat depression, stress caused by chronic disease, schizophrenia, and eating disorders.
How Does EMDR Work?
The objective of EMDR is to completely process the past experiences and deal with the emotions attached to each one. EMDR occurs in eight stages and removes negative thoughts and feelings by replacing them with positive ones, encouraging healthier behavior and social interactions. By the end of EMDR, individuals are able to handle stressful situations on their own.
Free by the Sea is a beautiful campus, located on the Long Beach Peninsula in Ocean Park, WA. Our community of dedicated professionals are committed to provide care to all individuals with dignity and respect. Client centered care respectful of individual needs and concerns is the foundation of our approach. We adhere to evidence-based practices which are focused on successful outcomes for long term recovery. Services provided include:
- 77 treatment beds.
- Masters level addiction counselors.
- High quality evidence-based addiction treatment, including gambling.
- DBT, CBT, EMDR and trauma informed treatment addresses underlying issues of addiction that include depression, anxiety, self-esteem and relationships.
- Relapse Prevention, Life Skills, Addiction education provided in groups and individual sessions
- Twelve step meetings include celebrate recovery, wellbriety, dual disorder and AA/NA/GA
- We offer residential, partial hospitalization, and intensive outpatient levels of care.
- Peaceful and safe setting located on five acres facing the Pacific Ocean.
- Multi-sport areas that include volleyball/basketball courts and an exercise room.
- Nutritionally designed meals to restore health
If you suffer from PTSD and addiction, EMDR might be right for you. Before starting any treatment plan, Free by the Sea will do an in-depth evaluation to determine the best course of action for your treatment. For more information, contact us.
Contact Free by the Sea
At Free by the Sea, we are committed to bringing families and those recovering from addiction together by helping them rebuild their lives. We offer dual diagnosis/co-occurring treatment for those suffering from addiction and other mental health disorders. For more information and to speak with a counselor, contact us today.