Family Education and Support Programs in Alaska
Addiction to alcohol and drugs affects not only the individual struggling with the issue, but also the individual’s family. Providing healing for family and loved ones allows the addict to succeed in their recovery journey. Free by the Sea, located in Ocean Park, WA, offers support programs and education for family members throughout Alaska so that everyone can heal and start fresh after rehabilitation is complete.
Proudly serving residents in Alaska, including Anchorage and Juneau.
What Are the Goals of Family Education and Support Programs?
Family members who take part in Free by the Sea’s family education and support programs will:
- Establish boundaries that are healthy for themselves and the recovering addict
- Know the signs of codependency
- Progress through denial, shame, and fear in a supportive environment
- Identify family roles in addiction
- Understand how addiction works as a disease
- Learn and implement recovery attitudes that are healthy
- Learn how to prevent behaviors that are enabling for addiction
- Break down communication barriers and learn healthy ways to resolve conflicts
Why Are Family Education and Support Programs Important?
Educating family is important for the healing process and teaches you how to heal from the addict’s past behavior. Oftentimes, those affected greatly by a loved one’s addiction experience frustration, anger, confusion, helplessness, hurt, and hopelessness. The addiction has caused emotional, physical, social, and mental harm to family without the addict knowing.
By utilizing family education and support programs, family members can recognize ways to control their loved one’s addiction. Family begins to understand that addiction is a disease that the individual can’t control. There is no cure for addiction, only management of the disease with professional treatment and support from family.
Free by the Sea is a beautiful campus, located on the Long Beach Peninsula in Ocean Park, WA. Our community of dedicated professionals are committed to provide care to all individuals with dignity and respect. Client centered care respectful of individual needs and concerns is the foundation of our approach. We adhere to evidence-based practices which are focused on successful outcomes for long term recovery. Services provided include:
- 77 treatment beds.
- Masters level addiction counselors.
- High quality evidence-based addiction treatment, including gambling.
- DBT, CBT, EMDR and trauma informed treatment addresses underlying issues of addiction that include depression, anxiety, self-esteem and relationships.
- Relapse Prevention, Life Skills, Addiction education provided in groups and individual sessions
- Twelve step meetings include celebrate recovery, wellbriety, dual disorder and AA/NA/GA
- We offer residential, partial hospitalization, and intensive outpatient levels of care.
- Peaceful and safe setting located on five acres facing the Pacific Ocean.
- Multi-sport areas that include volleyball/basketball courts and an exercise room.
- Nutritionally designed meals to restore health
Why Wait? Call Us Today.
You are not alone when it comes to dealing with a loved one’s addiction. There are others who are in similar situations and know the pain you feel daily. Help your loved one succeed with recovery and continue living an addiction-free life once treatment is complete. Contact us to speak with us for more information.
Contact Free by the Sea
Help your loved one with their addiction and their recovery process by seeking answers and understanding through family education and support programs. Free by the Sea offers friendly and compassionate staff to assist in dealing with the negative consequences of addiction. Contact us today.