Crystal Meth Detox in Alaska
Crystal meth is a powerful stimulant that can be snorted, smoked, or injected. Once in the user’s system, crystal meth causes three effects: euphoria, increased energy, and a decreased appetite. Crystal meth addiction treatment is widely available to those seeking help in Alaska. Treatment in a detox facility is suggested for those reliant on crystal meth due to the strong withdrawal symptoms faced when ending the use of crystal meth.
Proudly serving residents in Alaska, including Anchorage and Juneau.
We have exceptional working relationships with outside detox facilities across Alaska and can help you find the right facility for detox. Free by the Sea, located in Ocean Park, WA, can assist you with detox placement if you or a loved one needs detoxification prior to entering our addiction treatment program.
What Is Crystal Meth Addiction?
Crystal meth addictions can occur at any time during use, including the first time using. Repeated use becomes necessary to avoid withdrawal symptoms, creating an addiction in the process. Individuals are drawn to crystal meth because of how intense and how long the high lasts. It is relatively affordable and available compared to other drugs.
What Are the Signs of Crystal Meth Use?
The most common warning signs that a person is using crystal meth are:
- Increased energy levels, such as rapidly and continuously talking
- Obsessive behavior
- Paranoia, hallucinations, and delusions
- Appetite loss
- Aggressive behavior and increased irritability
- Convulsions and other life-threatening effects
What Are the Effects of Long-Term Crystal Meth Addiction?
Permanent damage to the brain and body are long-term effects of crystal meth use, including:
- Depression, psychosis, and other psychological problems
- Increased risk of cardiovascular issues and strokes
- Chronic high blood pressure and heart rate
- Liver, kidney, and lung damage
- Brain damage, such as memory loss
- Difficulty handling emotions and moods
- Tooth decay, known as “meth mouth”
- Inability to create dopamine within the brain
How Does Crystal Meth Detox Work?
Medical supervision is recommended for those going through crystal meth detoxification. The symptoms can be extreme, which is why for the individual’s safety, well-being, and success, professional help should be sought. Medications can be administered to help relieve physical symptoms if they occur, but typically the emotional symptoms are the most severe. Close monitoring by medical staff ensures success in your recovery.
What Are the Withdrawal Symptoms of Crystal Meth Detox?
Common withdrawal symptoms include:
- Intense cravings for the drug
- Paranoia, anxiety, and depression
- Suicidal thoughts
- Loss of appetite
- Irritability and aggressive behavior
Free by the Sea is a beautiful campus, located on the Long Beach Peninsula in Ocean Park, WA. Our community of dedicated professionals are committed to provide care to all individuals with dignity and respect. Client centered care respectful of individual needs and concerns is the foundation of our approach. We adhere to evidence-based practices which are focused on successful outcomes for long term recovery. Services provided include:
- 77 treatment beds.
- Masters level addiction counselors.
- High quality evidence-based addiction treatment, including gambling.
- DBT, CBT, EMDR and trauma informed treatment addresses underlying issues of addiction that include depression, anxiety, self-esteem and relationships.
- Relapse Prevention, Life Skills, Addiction education provided in groups and individual sessions
- Twelve step meetings include celebrate recovery, wellbriety, dual disorder and AA/NA/GA
- We offer residential, partial hospitalization, and intensive outpatient levels of care.
- Peaceful and safe setting located on five acres facing the Pacific Ocean.
- Multi-sport areas that include volleyball/basketball courts and an exercise room.
- Nutritionally designed meals to restore health
Why Wait? Call Us Today.
Our goal at Free by the Sea is to help you overcome your addiction through rehabilitation so you can avoid relapsing. We will teach healthy ways to deal with life’s challenges and find success in your personal life.
Contact Free by the Sea
Through therapy and counseling, an individual can discover and address the underlying causes of their crystal meth addiction. Free by the Sea has supportive and professional staff ready to assist you with managing sobriety, both in the moment and in the future. Contact us today to learn more about our programs and to speak with an addiction counselor.