Psychological Services in Alaska
Dealing with addiction and mental health issues is extremely hard without support from professionals. Free by the Sea, located in Ocean Park, WA, offers counseling for recovering addicts so that they can develop methods to deal with their addiction and find positive ways to address the stressors that push them to use.
Proudly serving residents in Alaska, including Juneau and Anchorage.
What Are Psychological Services?
Psychological services are the aftercare an individual receives upon completing addiction treatment. There are several methods provided during psychological services, including private and group therapy and behavior modification. The goal of aftercare is to promote self-awareness for the individual so relapse doesn’t occur. Free by the Sea teaches coping skills during treatment to deal with addiction and the stressors leading to substance abuse.
Why Are Psychological Services Important?
Upon leaving a comprehensive recovery program, an individual needs help maintaining their recovery while rebuilding their life. Without support and help from psychological services, a recovering addict can fall right back into old habits and relapse with their addiction. Follow-up aftercare is necessary for the individual to succeed in recovery.
Free by the Sea customizes each treatment plan so psychological services can be blended into each individual’s recovery process. By combining treatment with psychological services, both the addiction and mental health of a person is addressed. This provides long-term results and leads to a productive lifestyle.
Free by the Sea is a beautiful campus, located on the Long Beach Peninsula in Ocean Park, WA. Our community of dedicated professionals are committed to provide care to all individuals with dignity and respect. Client centered care respectful of individual needs and concerns is the foundation of our approach. We adhere to evidence-based practices which are focused on successful outcomes for long term recovery. Services provided include:
- 77 treatment beds.
- Masters level addiction counselors.
- High quality evidence-based addiction treatment, including gambling.
- DBT, CBT, EMDR and trauma informed treatment addresses underlying issues of addiction that include depression, anxiety, self-esteem and relationships.
- Relapse Prevention, Life Skills, Addiction education provided in groups and individual sessions
- Twelve step meetings include celebrate recovery, wellbriety, dual disorder and AA/NA/GA
- We offer residential, partial hospitalization, and intensive outpatient levels of care.
- Peaceful and safe setting located on five acres facing the Pacific Ocean.
- Multi-sport areas that include volleyball/basketball courts and an exercise room.
- Nutritionally designed meals to restore health
Why Wait? Call Us Today.
Taking advantage of psychological services combined with a comprehensive substance abuse program offers increased success for recovery and improves the quality of life upon leaving the program. Mental disorders and substance abuse are typically connected, and without treatment from a professional, both the disorder and abuse will escalate and make recovery impossible. Contact Free by the Sea to learn more about our psychological services offered during rehabilitation.
Contact Free by the Sea
Free by the Sea is a comprehensive and nationally recognized rehabilitation facility in Ocean Park, WA dedicated to the recovery of individuals in Alaska with substance abuse, addiction, and mental illness. Contact us today and ask about our dual diagnosis/co-occurring treatment services.