PTSD / Trauma Treatment in Alaska
Not everyone handles stress the same way, and some struggle with handling it in a positive manner. Life is filled with stress of all levels, which is why Free by the Sea, located in Ocean Park, WA, offers treatment for extreme stress and trauma.
Proudly serving residents in Alaska, including Anchorage and Juneau.
What Is PTSD?
PTSD, or post-traumatic stress disorder, occurs in individuals who have experienced or witnessed something extremely traumatic. A serious car accident, sexual abuse, or physical abuse are all traumatic events that can result in a person developing PTSD. An individual with PTSD has a physical reaction when they feel threatened, triggering a “fight or flight” mentality. Certain physical reactions include:
- Increased breathing, possibly sounding labored
- Sweating uncontrollably
- Muscle tension all over
- High blood pressure
- Extremely fast heart rate
During a PTSD moment, adrenaline is released throughout the body, resulting in the individual either standing their ground or fleeing the situation that threatens them.
What Traumatic Events Can Trigger PTSD?
- Car crash
- Terrorist attack
- Natural disaster
- Violent injury
- War or combat
- Witnessing a violent attack or death
- Near death experience
How Does Dual Diagnosis/Co-Occurring Treatment Help PTSD?
Those experiencing issues with addiction can suffer from PTSD and might not have ever been diagnosed with the condition. Our facility offers dual diagnosis/co-occurring treatment so both the mental health issue and the addiction issue can be addressed simultaneously. This increases the rate of success drastically.
Free by the Sea is a beautiful campus, located on the Long Beach Peninsula in Ocean Park, WA. Our community of dedicated professionals are committed to provide care to all individuals with dignity and respect. Client centered care respectful of individual needs and concerns is the foundation of our approach. We adhere to evidence-based practices which are focused on successful outcomes for long term recovery. Services provided include:
- 77 treatment beds.
- Masters level addiction counselors.
- High quality evidence-based addiction treatment, including gambling.
- DBT, CBT, EMDR and trauma informed treatment addresses underlying issues of addiction that include depression, anxiety, self-esteem and relationships.
- Relapse Prevention, Life Skills, Addiction education provided in groups and individual sessions
- Twelve step meetings include celebrate recovery, wellbriety, dual disorder and AA/NA/GA
- We offer residential, partial hospitalization, and intensive outpatient levels of care.
- Peaceful and safe setting located on five acres facing the Pacific Ocean.
- Multi-sport areas that include volleyball/basketball courts and an exercise room.
- Nutritionally designed meals to restore health
Why Wait? Call Us Today.
Dealing with PTSD and traumatic events can be extremely hard, especially when it’s compounded by an addiction problem. Dual diagnosis and stress treatment ensure an individual receives treatment for the addiction and for the underlying mental health issues. Contact us for more information.
Contact Free by the Sea
Work with medical professionals if you suffer from addiction and PTSD. Free by the Sea provides the programs and support you need to overcome your stress and succeed with recovery. Located in Ocean Park, WA, we encourage the residents of Alaska to take the first step in your recovery journey and contact us today.