DBT – Dialectical Behavior Therapy in Alaska
Free by the Sea, located in Ocean Park, WA, is a comprehensive rehabilitation center specializing in dual diagnosis/co-occurring treatment for individuals in Alaska suffering from addiction to alcohol, drugs, and mental health problems. Utilizing dialectical behavior therapy while seeking treatment increases the success of recovery for you or your loved one.
Proudly serving residents in Alaska, including Anchorage and Juneau.
What Is Dialectical Behavior Therapy?
Dialectical behavior therapy is a new method for treating mental health problems and substance abuse. We are one of the few facilities to offer DBT for those with addictions and mental health issues. Dialectical behavior therapy is used to address:
- Those suffering from bipolar disorder, PTSD, borderline personality disorder, and eating disorders
- Grief, abuse, accidents, or other traumatic events
- Managing emotions on a daily basis
- Those who have sought therapy in the past and had no success
- Those dealing with self-abuse, self-harm, or low self-worth
- Struggles from childhood trauma
- Addiction combined with mental health issues
How Is Dialectical Behavior Therapy Different?
Dialectical behavior therapy focuses on the management of an individual’s emotions and their complexity without questions. DBT attempts to ease people into the treatment process and provides tools for living with daily addiction. Additional differences of DBT include:
- Individuals are taught how to understand and relate to others
- Teaches how to handle emotions in a healthy way
- Supports acceptance of events occurring in life while managing everyday struggles and trauma
- DBT focuses on accepting the person as they are instead of changing them
What Does Dialectical Behavior Therapy Focus On?
DBT focuses on four specific areas during treatment:
- Regulating emotions by dealing with mood changes so the individual can make better decisions
- Developing tolerance for traumatic situations in life and coping with the feelings of discomfort
- Effectively dealing with social situations and developing healthy boundaries when interacting with others
- Acceptance of the individual’s current situation, those around them, and being mindful of their emotions
Free by the Sea is a beautiful campus, located on the Long Beach Peninsula in Ocean Park, WA. Our community of dedicated professionals are committed to provide care to all individuals with dignity and respect. Client centered care respectful of individual needs and concerns is the foundation of our approach. We adhere to evidence-based practices which are focused on successful outcomes for long term recovery. Services provided include:
- 77 treatment beds.
- Masters level addiction counselors.
- High quality evidence-based addiction treatment, including gambling.
- DBT, CBT, EMDR and trauma informed treatment addresses underlying issues of addiction that include depression, anxiety, self-esteem and relationships.
- Relapse Prevention, Life Skills, Addiction education provided in groups and individual sessions
- Twelve step meetings include celebrate recovery, wellbriety, dual disorder and AA/NA/GA
- We offer residential, partial hospitalization, and intensive outpatient levels of care.
- Peaceful and safe setting located on five acres facing the Pacific Ocean.
- Multi-sport areas that include volleyball/basketball courts and an exercise room.
- Nutritionally designed meals to restore health
There are many reasons to seek treatment at Free by the Sea, including the option of dialectical behavior therapy combined with the recovery process. It’s time to take back control of your addiction and mental health. Contact us today to talk to a counselor.
Contact Free by the Sea
If you think dialectical behavior therapy would be beneficial for you or a loved one, consider seeking treatment at Free by the Sea, located in Ocean Park, WA. Our team specializes in dual diagnosis/co-occurring treatment for those in Alaska dealing with addictions and mental health issues. Contact us today for more information.