Signs Of Drug Addiction in Alaska
Drug addiction is the dependency on a drug to function. If you or a loved one in the Alaska area are ready to seek treatment for drug addiction, Free by the Sea (located in Ocean Park, WA) can help every step of the way. Professional medical help is the best option when dealing with an addiction. The brain’s chemistry is altered due to excessive drug use, and the withdrawal symptoms can be overwhelming. Addiction affects more than just the individual using the drug, as it also affects their family and friends. Know the signs of drug addiction so help can be sought.
Proudly serving residents in Alaska, including Anchorage and Juneau.
What Are the Physical Signs of Drug Addiction?
- Slurred speech
- Issues with coordination
- Dilated pupils
- Bloodshot eyes
- Dilated pupils
- Doesn’t care about their appearance
- Sudden weight changes
- Insomnia or sleeping constantly
What Are the Behavioral Signs of Addiction?
- Withdrawal symptoms are noticeable and set in quickly
- Main priority is obtaining drugs and using them
- Compromised judgment, resulting in possible overdose
- Can’t see the risks of taking drugs
- Development of a tolerance, leading to higher doses and more frequent use
- Drugs are taken to stop withdrawal symptoms
What Are the Social Signs of Addiction?
- Development of new friends with questionable reputations
- Doesn’t care to maintain old relationships/friendships
- Refusing to go to school or work
- Negative legal repercussions, such as arrests and court-ordered treatment
Free by the Sea is a beautiful campus, located on the Long Beach Peninsula in Ocean Park, WA. Our community of dedicated professionals are committed to provide care to all individuals with dignity and respect. Client centered care respectful of individual needs and concerns is the foundation of our approach. We adhere to evidence-based practices which are focused on successful outcomes for long term recovery. Services provided include:
- 77 treatment beds.
- Masters level addiction counselors.
- High quality evidence-based addiction treatment, including gambling.
- DBT, CBT, EMDR and trauma informed treatment addresses underlying issues of addiction that include depression, anxiety, self-esteem and relationships.
- Relapse Prevention, Life Skills, Addiction education provided in groups and individual sessions
- Twelve step meetings include celebrate recovery, wellbriety, dual disorder and AA/NA/GA
- We offer residential, partial hospitalization, and intensive outpatient levels of care.
- Peaceful and safe setting located on five acres facing the Pacific Ocean.
- Multi-sport areas that include volleyball/basketball courts and an exercise room.
- Nutritionally designed meals to restore health
Why Wait? Call Us Today.
If left untreated, addiction will take everything from you and your loved ones. Choosing to seek help and break the cycle is a step in the right direction. Contact us for more information about Free by the Sea’s treatment programs and rehabilitation services.
Contact Free by the Sea
Drug addiction is a crippling disease that needs professional help to stop. Free by the Sea has the tools you need to succeed in recovery. We serve patients throughout Alaska, including the areas of Anchorage and Juneau. Contact us today and start the healing process from your drug addiction.