Alcoholism in Alaska
Alcoholism is a disease that only a handful of people seek professional treatment for. Free by the Sea, located in Ocean Park, WA, offers rehabilitation services for those in Alaska struggling with alcohol abuse, and with the help of our compassionate and experienced team, sobriety can be achieved.
Proudly serving residents in Alaska, including Anchorage and Juneau.
What Is Alcoholism?
Alcoholism is a disease that gradually changes a person’s sense of control and thought process. Continued use of alcohol leads to dependence and the inability to control cravings for hard liquor, wine, or beer. When a person can’t control their cravings for alcohol or stop drinking once they have started, they are exhibiting warning signs of alcoholism. It is common for those with alcohol problems to maintain a constant buzz throughout the day, drink excessively at a time, or drink to cope with stress.
Drinking alcohol quickly and often forces your body to adapt to the amount consumed, leading to an alcohol tolerance. Tolerance drives the individual to drink more to experience the same effects. Alcoholics who go without a drink for even a few hours can begin to experience signs of withdrawal. Symptoms of withdrawal are never the same between two people, but some of the more common ones are:
- Excessive sweating
- Cold sweats
Alcoholism is a complex disease and requires professional help to quit and stay sober. Those who attempt to quit on their own are at a higher risk of relapsing. Free by the Sea offers comprehensive and personalized treatment plans designed for the needs of each individual. Our professionals offer the following services to help you take back control of your life:
Free by the Sea is a beautiful campus, located on the Long Beach Peninsula in Ocean Park, WA. Our community of dedicated professionals are committed to provide care to all individuals with dignity and respect. Client centered care respectful of individual needs and concerns is the foundation of our approach. We adhere to evidence-based practices which are focused on successful outcomes for long term recovery. Services provided include:
- 77 treatment beds.
- Masters level addiction counselors.
- High quality evidence-based addiction treatment, including gambling.
- DBT, CBT, EMDR and trauma informed treatment addresses underlying issues of addiction that include depression, anxiety, self-esteem and relationships.
- Relapse Prevention, Life Skills, Addiction education provided in groups and individual sessions
- Twelve step meetings include celebrate recovery, wellbriety, dual disorder and AA/NA/GA
- We offer residential, partial hospitalization, and intensive outpatient levels of care.
- Peaceful and safe setting located on five acres facing the Pacific Ocean.
- Multi-sport areas that include volleyball/basketball courts and an exercise room.
- Nutritionally designed meals to restore health
Why Wait? Call Us Today.
Alcoholism is a dangerous and destructive disease and shouldn’t be treated lightly. Professional treatment combined with resources to increase chances of recovery is the best option for overcoming alcoholism. Contact us to discuss your treatment options at Free by the Sea.
Contact Free by the Sea
We offer comprehensive treatment services to residents across Alaska, including Anchorage and Juneau, who suffer from alcoholism. Regardless of your age, gender, social standing, race, or ethnic background, our staff will ensure you receive the best treatment possible. Contact us today to start your fight against alcoholism.