CBT – Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in Alaska
If you or a loved one is suffering from substance abuse or mental health problems, consider seeking treatment from a program that offers cognitive behavior therapy. CBT is extremely effective in assisting individuals with defeating problems with mental health or substance abuse. Free by the Sea, located in Ocean Park, WA, offers cognitive behavior therapy during rehabilitation to promote a successful recovery.
Proudly serving residents in Alaska, including Anchorage and Juneau.
What Are the Goals of Cognitive Behavior Therapy?
Cognitive behavior therapy has different goals depending on the treatment given. CBT is used for individuals and groups to increase understanding of the disorder the person or group is dealing with. By using cognitive behavior therapy, solutions are found and utilized over the long-term for the problems caused by the disorder. Individuals who go through CBT are able to manage stress related to the disorder on their own.
A group using cognitive behavior therapy focuses more on preventing relapses and avoiding behaviors that cause low self-esteem. CBT even helps families understand their loved one’s diagnosis, creating a supportive environment to reduce the stress on family members. Even though CBT goals vary, the overall objective is to provide a lifelong influence for the individual.
What Are the Benefits of Cognitive Behavior Therapy?
The benefits of CBT are both long-term and immediate. Individuals feel more secure about the future and at peace with their problems after successfully completing treatment. CBT targets an individual’s home life during therapy so that communication can be open and honest once treatment is complete. By learning how to cope with their problems through positive behaviors, individuals are able to lead confident, healthy lives.
Free by the Sea is a beautiful campus, located on the Long Beach Peninsula in Ocean Park, WA. Our community of dedicated professionals are committed to provide care to all individuals with dignity and respect. Client centered care respectful of individual needs and concerns is the foundation of our approach. We adhere to evidence-based practices which are focused on successful outcomes for long term recovery. Services provided include:
- 77 treatment beds.
- Masters level addiction counselors.
- High quality evidence-based addiction treatment, including gambling.
- DBT, CBT, EMDR and trauma informed treatment addresses underlying issues of addiction that include depression, anxiety, self-esteem and relationships.
- Relapse Prevention, Life Skills, Addiction education provided in groups and individual sessions
- Twelve step meetings include celebrate recovery, wellbriety, dual disorder and AA/NA/GA
- We offer residential, partial hospitalization, and intensive outpatient levels of care.
- Peaceful and safe setting located on five acres facing the Pacific Ocean.
- Multi-sport areas that include volleyball/basketball courts and an exercise room.
- Nutritionally designed meals to restore health
Entering a rehabilitation program can be overwhelming, but with cognitive behavior therapy, you or your loved one can gain understanding and confidence for both the short-term and long-term aspects of their life. Free by the Sea offers CBT and dual diagnosis/co-occurring treatment for those seeking treatment for addiction and mental health problems. To find out more, contact us.
Contact Free by the Sea
Free by the Sea offers comprehensive treatment and dual diagnosis/co-occurring treatment for those battling substance abuse. Make the decision to live a drug-free, healthy life by contacting us today.