Anxiety Treatment in Alaska
Changing the course of your life can be overwhelming, but making that first step to seek treatment is a good sign. Free by the Sea, located in Ocean Park, WA, understands the struggles with change, which is why we provide a safe and nurturing atmosphere for the residents of Alaska. Undergoing treatment for addiction can bring on anxiety and fears about the withdrawal process. We work with you to manage the anxiety and continue succeeding with recovery.
Proudly serving residents in Alaska, including Anchorage and Juneau.
What Is Anxiety?
Anxiety is an overall feeling of concern or worry that varies in severity based on each individual. Some are so overwhelmed by their anxiety that it interferes with their lives on a daily basis and affects those around them. Their anxiety becomes irrational and excessive, usually combined with fear. Those experiencing GAD, generalized anxiety disorder, are affected more significantly by anxiety. GAD causes problems with an individual’s relationships and is extremely disruptive to their everyday lives.
What Are Symptoms of Anxiety?
Anxiety sufferers experience a wide range of symptoms, including:
- Nausea or upset stomach
- Feeling depressed
- Diarrhea or frequent urination
- Trouble focusing
- Rapid heartbeat
- Shortness of breath
- Fatigue or exhaustion
- Migraines and chronic headaches
- Anticipating the worst
- Feeling apprehensive
- Exaggerating circumstances or events
- Tense feelings, ready to fight
- Increased irritability
- Hypervigilant for signs of danger
- Muscle tension
- Excessive twitching or trembling
- Cold sweats
What Are the Symptoms of a Panic Disorder?
Individuals coping with Generalized Anxiety Disorder are susceptible to developing a panic disorder if left untreated. If you think you or a loved has a panic disorder, watch for the symptoms below:
- Increased dizziness
- Heart palpitations
- Severe stomach cramps or nausea
- Shaking or trembling uncontrollably
- Overwhelming rush of panic
- Tightness or chest pain
- Chills or hot flashes
- Detached from reality
- Feeling a loss of control
- Choking sensation or difficulty breathing
How Is Anxiety Linked to Alcohol?
Frequently, those with anxiety issues develop an addiction or dependency on alcohol to self-medicate and find relief from their anxiety. Alcohol actually enhances anxiety symptoms, which is why addiction becomes easy when an individual is constantly seeking relief at the end of a bottle.
Those abusing alcohol with no history of anxiety can develop issues relating to anxiety. Panic attacks are often caused by alcohol abuse, and continued consumption will only increase anxiety for the individual. Alcohol is not medication and should be avoided at all costs if anxiety occurs while drinking.
Free by the Sea is a beautiful campus, located on the Long Beach Peninsula in Ocean Park, WA. Our community of dedicated professionals are committed to provide care to all individuals with dignity and respect. Client centered care respectful of individual needs and concerns is the foundation of our approach. We adhere to evidence-based practices which are focused on successful outcomes for long term recovery. Services provided include:
- 77 treatment beds.
- Masters level addiction counselors.
- High quality evidence-based addiction treatment, including gambling.
- DBT, CBT, EMDR and trauma informed treatment addresses underlying issues of addiction that include depression, anxiety, self-esteem and relationships.
- Relapse Prevention, Life Skills, Addiction education provided in groups and individual sessions
- Twelve step meetings include celebrate recovery, wellbriety, dual disorder and AA/NA/GA
- We offer residential, partial hospitalization, and intensive outpatient levels of care.
- Peaceful and safe setting located on five acres facing the Pacific Ocean.
- Multi-sport areas that include volleyball/basketball courts and an exercise room.
- Nutritionally designed meals to restore health
Why Wait? Call Us Today.
Anxiety disorders are crippling, especially when combined with alcohol, negatively impacting the individual, their family, and their friends. Free by the Sea offers rehabilitation and dual diagnosis to treat both the alcohol addiction and anxiety disorder an individual is facing. Break the cycle and find inner peace by contacting us today.
Contact Free by the Sea
With personalized treatment, individuals and families in Alaska can begin the healing process together and stop the addiction cycle. Located in Ocean Park, WA, Free by the Sea is just a phone call away and we are ready to answer your questions about treatment options and the other services we offer. Those suffering from addiction in Alaska, including the cities of Anchorage and Juneau, are in experienced and compassionate hands. Contact us today.