Attention Disorder Treatment in Alaska
Issues with focus and impulse control are often diagnosed as a form of attention disorder. Due to the shared symptoms of ADD with other mental health issues, receiving the correct diagnosis is extremely important. Located in Ocean Park, WA, Free by the Sea has experienced and licensed staff who are able to diagnose and treat a variety of attention disorders for those in Alaska seeking addiction treatment.
Proudly serving residents in Alaska, including Anchorage and Juneau.
What Is ADD?
ADD, also known as Classic Attention Deficit Disorder, is the most commonly diagnosed attention disorder, and is easily diagnosed. Treatment of ADD usually consists of prescribed medication to increase dopamine levels and regular exercise. A few symptoms of ADD include:
- Easily distracted
- Difficulty paying attention
- Poor impulse control
What Other Types of ADD Are There?
Classic Attention Deficit Disorder is the most commonly known attention disorder, but there are several others that fall within the attention disorder category:
- Inattentive ADD: Individuals with extremely low levels of dopamine and a reduced amount of activity in the prefrontal cortex are diagnosed with inattentive ADD.
- Over-Focused ADD: Diagnosis of over-focused ADD have the same symptoms as basic ADD, but with more problems with fluctuating attention. Individuals have more negative thoughts and behavior.
- Temporal Lobe ADD: Individuals with temporal lobe ADD have difficulty with memory, learning, anger, and sometimes paranoia.
- Limbic ADD: Basic ADD symptoms are present with a limbic ADD diagnosis, but the individual also has a feeling of sadness.
- Ring of Fire ADD: Individuals diagnosed with ring of fire ADD have a “red ring” on their brain scans and several areas of their brains are constantly overactive.
- Anxious ADD: A person with anxious ADD has the same signs as basic ADD but with anxiety, tension, headaches, and stomachaches.
How Are Attention Disorders Diagnosed?
Before a professional can form a diagnosis, the individual must show symptoms for at least six months. The symptoms will cause problems for the person at school or work. Symptoms include:
- Problems listening
- Constant forgetfulness
- Trouble focusing
- Poor attention to details
- Inability to follow directions
- Avoids difficult tasks
Free by the Sea is a beautiful campus, located on the Long Beach Peninsula in Ocean Park, WA. Our community of dedicated professionals are committed to provide care to all individuals with dignity and respect. Client centered care respectful of individual needs and concerns is the foundation of our approach. We adhere to evidence-based practices which are focused on successful outcomes for long term recovery. Services provided include:
- 77 treatment beds.
- Masters level addiction counselors.
- High quality evidence-based addiction treatment, including gambling.
- DBT, CBT, EMDR and trauma informed treatment addresses underlying issues of addiction that include depression, anxiety, self-esteem and relationships.
- Relapse Prevention, Life Skills, Addiction education provided in groups and individual sessions
- Twelve step meetings include celebrate recovery, wellbriety, dual disorder and AA/NA/GA
- We offer residential, partial hospitalization, and intensive outpatient levels of care.
- Peaceful and safe setting located on five acres facing the Pacific Ocean.
- Multi-sport areas that include volleyball/basketball courts and an exercise room.
- Nutritionally designed meals to restore health
Why Wait? Call Us Today.
The best option for dealing with an attention disorder is to seek treatment with a healthcare professional for a correct diagnosis. Call Free by the Sea for help with an attention disorder or for more information about treatment options.
Contact Free by the Sea
Free by the Sea is a nationally recognized comprehensive rehabilitation center in Ocean Park, WA for those seeking treatment for attention disorders in Alaska. Contact us to find out more information for you or your loved one.