Drug Abuse vs. Drug Addiction in Alaska
Drug abuse and drug addiction are two very different things, even though most people use them in place of each other. Knowing the difference between the two can help identify the type of treatment you or your loved one needs. Free by the Sea, located in Ocean Park, WA, offers different treatment programs to residents throughout Alaska depending on the severity of your drug problem.
Proudly serving residents in Alaska, including Anchorage and Juneau.
What Is Drug Abuse?
Drug addiction is the need or craving of a drug in order to function. Those who use drugs but don’t have a need to use them to get through the day are called “high-functioning.” These individuals are able to hold down a job and have normal relationships while still using a controlled substance. However, appearances can be deceiving, because the drug is causing problems within even though the person looks fine.
What Is Drug Addiction?
Drug addiction is far more dangerous than drug abuse. Addiction is the physical need for drugs, which the individual has no control over. The need is overwhelming and interferes with normal daily life. Addiction is noticeable by everyone because it affects every aspect of the addict’s life.
What Are Some Symptoms of Drug Abuse?
- Personal relationships deteriorate
- Drug-related financial problems
- Poor performance at school or work
- Sloppy appearance and poor hygiene
- Drug-related legal problems
- Personality changes that are inappropriate or unusual
What Are Some Symptoms of Drug Addiction?
- The need to get and use drugs takes priority over everything else
- Increased confusion
- Memory issues
- Regardless of the negative consequences, the individual can’t stop using
- Habitual red eyes
- Problems with motor skills
Free by the Sea is a beautiful campus, located on the Long Beach Peninsula in Ocean Park, WA. Our community of dedicated professionals are committed to provide care to all individuals with dignity and respect. Client centered care respectful of individual needs and concerns is the foundation of our approach. We adhere to evidence-based practices which are focused on successful outcomes for long term recovery. Services provided include:
- 77 treatment beds.
- Masters level addiction counselors.
- High quality evidence-based addiction treatment, including gambling.
- DBT, CBT, EMDR and trauma informed treatment addresses underlying issues of addiction that include depression, anxiety, self-esteem and relationships.
- Relapse Prevention, Life Skills, Addiction education provided in groups and individual sessions
- Twelve step meetings include celebrate recovery, wellbriety, dual disorder and AA/NA/GA
- We offer residential, partial hospitalization, and intensive outpatient levels of care.
- Peaceful and safe setting located on five acres facing the Pacific Ocean.
- Multi-sport areas that include volleyball/basketball courts and an exercise room.
- Nutritionally designed meals to restore health
Why Wait? Call Us Today.
The longer you put off treatment for drug abuse and drug addiction, the more damage you are doing to yourself physically, emotionally, and mentally. Contact us to speak with an addiction counselor and find the right help you deserve.
Contact Free by the Sea
Our team is experienced, compassionate, and respectful. Regardless of your abuse or addiction problem, Free by the Sea offers support and guidance without judging your life choices leading up to your substance problem. We invite those in Alaska, including Anchorage and Juneau, to contact us today and break the cycle of drug abuse and addiction.