Chemical Dependency in Alaska
Before moving forward with any treatment plan, chemical dependency has to be addressed. If you or a loved one have a dependency, acknowledging it is the first step. Free by the Sea, located in Ocean Park, WA, is a comprehensive rehabilitation center helping men and women throughout Alaska with addiction and mental health issues.
Proudly serving residents in Alaska, including Anchorage and Juneau.
What Is Chemical Dependency?
Chemical dependency is a clinical disorder that defines the illness of those with an addiction. Chemical dependency could be with alcohol or drugs, but the symptoms are not the same as addiction. They may not experience the cravings or need for a substance. Those with chemical dependency may deal with additional issues besides their dependency.
What Drugs Are Common with Chemical Dependency?
There are a variety of drugs connected to chemical dependency. The most common are:
- Anabolic steroids
What Is Chemical Dependency Treatment?
Before healing can happen, an individual has to first acknowledge that there is a problem before they can address it. If they don’t see the problem, they can’t fix the problem. Once acceptance is reached, an assessment is performed to determine the individual’s drug of choice and their history of substance abuse. This information is used to design a personalized treatment plan that best fits the needs of the individual. If there are underlying mental health issues, the assessment will note them so they can be addressed as well.
Free by the Sea is a beautiful campus, located on the Long Beach Peninsula in Ocean Park, WA. Our community of dedicated professionals are committed to provide care to all individuals with dignity and respect. Client centered care respectful of individual needs and concerns is the foundation of our approach. We adhere to evidence-based practices which are focused on successful outcomes for long term recovery. Services provided include:
- 77 treatment beds.
- Masters level addiction counselors.
- High quality evidence-based addiction treatment, including gambling.
- DBT, CBT, EMDR and trauma informed treatment addresses underlying issues of addiction that include depression, anxiety, self-esteem and relationships.
- Relapse Prevention, Life Skills, Addiction education provided in groups and individual sessions
- Twelve step meetings include celebrate recovery, wellbriety, dual disorder and AA/NA/GA
- We offer residential, partial hospitalization, and intensive outpatient levels of care.
- Peaceful and safe setting located on five acres facing the Pacific Ocean.
- Multi-sport areas that include volleyball/basketball courts and an exercise room.
- Nutritionally designed meals to restore health
Why Wait? Call Us Today.
Take back control of your life by calling Free by the Sea today. Chemical dependency negatively impacts not just you but those around you. Contact us to talk with one of our counselor for more information.
Contact Free by the Sea
If you or a loved one are struggling with chemical dependency, there is hope. Free by the Sea offers comprehensive and personalized treatment plans for those going through rehabilitation in Alaska, including the areas of Anchorage and Juneau. For more information about our programs and chemical dependency, contact us.