Signs Of Drug Abuse in Alaska
Recreational drug use turns into substance abuse when a person craves the drug. At Free by the Sea, located in Ocean Park, WA, we offer a variety of drug rehab and treatment options for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol abuse throughout Alaska.
Proudly serving residents in Alaska, including Anchorage and Juneau.
What Are the Signs of Drug Abuse?
Knowing and recognizing the signs of drug abuse in adults is easy compared to those of a teenager. Common signs of drug abuse in adults include:
- Inability to stop using a drug even after attempting to quit
- Neglecting responsibilities
- Cravings to use the drug of choice
- Regular use of the drug to feel normal
- Using larger amounts of the drug to achieve a high
- A lot of time is spent finding and using a drug
- Going to any lengths to get more drugs
- Risky and dangerous behavior
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms
- Buying drugs even though you have no money or can’t afford them, causing serious financial distress
Teenagers with a drug abuse problem exhibit other signs that are different from those seen in adult drug abusers. Drug abuse signs for teens are:
- Asking for money without a reason or stealing to get cash for drugs
- Poor hygiene, such as sloppy appearance
- Increased academic problems, such as cutting class often, skipping school, poor grades, or disinterest in school activities
- Abnormal behavior, such as being secretive, treating family and friends differently, or becoming irrational and upset when someone enters their bedroom
Free by the Sea is a beautiful campus, located on the Long Beach Peninsula in Ocean Park, WA. Our community of dedicated professionals are committed to provide care to all individuals with dignity and respect. Client centered care respectful of individual needs and concerns is the foundation of our approach. We adhere to evidence-based practices which are focused on successful outcomes for long term recovery. Services provided include:
- 77 treatment beds.
- Masters level addiction counselors.
- High quality evidence-based addiction treatment, including gambling.
- DBT, CBT, EMDR and trauma informed treatment addresses underlying issues of addiction that include depression, anxiety, self-esteem and relationships.
- Relapse Prevention, Life Skills, Addiction education provided in groups and individual sessions
- Twelve step meetings include celebrate recovery, wellbriety, dual disorder and AA/NA/GA
- We offer residential, partial hospitalization, and intensive outpatient levels of care.
- Peaceful and safe setting located on five acres facing the Pacific Ocean.
- Multi-sport areas that include volleyball/basketball courts and an exercise room.
- Nutritionally designed meals to restore health
Why Wait? Call Us Today.
Don’t let your drug abuse control your life or spiral into addiction. Through caring support and a safe environment, successful treatment and recovery are possible. Contact us for more information.
Contact Free by the Sea
Those dealing with drug abuse in Alaska, including Juneau and Anchorage, have options when it comes to their treatment and recovery. Free by the Sea is nationally recognized for dual diagnosis and comprehensive customized treatment plans. Contact us today to learn more about the signs of drug abuse from a licensed counselor.