Alcohol Withdrawal in Alaska
The withdrawal process is different for everyone and can be extremely painful, depending on the severity of the individual’s addiction. Free by the Sea, located in Ocean Park, WA, provides treatment services for those across Alaska, regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, or social background.
Proudly serving residents in Alaska, including Anchorage and Juneau.
What Is Alcohol Withdrawal?
An individual who has drunk large amounts of alcohol for a long time will experience a state of shock when they haven’t had a drink. The individual will have to drink more alcohol to stop the withdrawal symptoms, creating a tolerance in the body and forming a dependence on the alcohol. Withdrawal symptoms can occur at any time when the individual’s body lacks alcohol.
What Are the Symptoms of Alcohol Withdrawal?
Most people who have a physical addiction to alcohol will start to show withdrawal symptoms between six and 24 hours after their last drink. Withdrawal symptoms can last anywhere from seven to 10 days. The withdrawal symptoms of alcohol addiction include:
- Autonomic instability
- Hand tremors
Withdrawal symptoms are stronger for those who have abused alcohol longer. The severity of symptoms also depends on a person’s genetics and any previous attempts at recovery through detoxification. Those who have more advanced addictions can experience life-threatening withdrawal symptoms. Treatment from medical professionals is highly recommended for successful recovery from alcoholism.
Free by the Sea is a beautiful campus, located on the Long Beach Peninsula in Ocean Park, WA. Our community of dedicated professionals are committed to provide care to all individuals with dignity and respect. Client centered care respectful of individual needs and concerns is the foundation of our approach. We adhere to evidence-based practices which are focused on successful outcomes for long term recovery. Services provided include:
- 77 treatment beds.
- Masters level addiction counselors.
- High quality evidence-based addiction treatment, including gambling.
- DBT, CBT, EMDR and trauma informed treatment addresses underlying issues of addiction that include depression, anxiety, self-esteem and relationships.
- Relapse Prevention, Life Skills, Addiction education provided in groups and individual sessions
- Twelve step meetings include celebrate recovery, wellbriety, dual disorder and AA/NA/GA
- We offer residential, partial hospitalization, and intensive outpatient levels of care.
- Peaceful and safe setting located on five acres facing the Pacific Ocean.
- Multi-sport areas that include volleyball/basketball courts and an exercise room.
- Nutritionally designed meals to restore health
Why Wait? Call Us Today.
If you or a loved one are suffering from alcohol abuse or addiction, seek help from compassionate and experienced professionals. Free by the Sea offers different treatment plans for individuals to choose from. Contact us to find out more information.
Contact Free by the Sea
Take control of your life and your addiction with the help of Free by the Sea. Our comprehensive treatment services and resources will assist you in recovery and maintaining your sobriety. If you live in Alaska, including the areas of Anchorage and Juneau, contact us today and speak with an addiction counselor.